Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer in Nagano - Day 2

My second day in Nagano was physically challenging. We went to Togakushi shrine early in the morning. The temperature in Togakushi was great, it was just around 26-27 degrees; probably due to the fact that it is at a higher altitude and there are a lot of greens in the area.

Togakushi Shrine consists of several shrines in the lower, middle, and upper area of the shrine. 
We actually arrived at the middle shrine first because of the route that we took.


We then went down to the lower shrine.



...and walked up to the upper shrine. This was the physically challenging part.

at the entrance to the upper shrine
We were hiking up a mountain so it was a bit tiring but the sight was magnificent. On the way to the upper shrine were old cryptomeria trees lined up neatly. I haven't seen such big trees before!


It took us around an hour to reach the upper shrine. I was sweating and I consumed the bottle of tea I brought with me before arriving at the upper shrine.



After visiting the shrine we went to a small ninja village nearby where I had my ninja training. Haha.


We ended the trip with the yummiest corn and the best soba I ever had.

photo from my Instagram
I'm really grateful to my friend and her husband for bringing me to Togakushi. It was another unforgettable experience for me. 




Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2011 bridges, lenses, and motherhood
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top