Thursday, June 13, 2013

The "Other Parts" in Broccoli and Bell Pepper

I mentioned about the "other parts" in my ox tongue recipe. Took me a lot of time to finally decide what to do with those.

It was Sunday and my boyfriend and I were in the supermarket to buy things we need for the coming week. It was almost lunch time and I was starving. I was already thinking of eating in a fast food restaurant when I saw the broccoli. I remembered the "other parts" that I set aside the weekend before.
I got a head of broccoli and a piece of bell pepper. I sent a message to my brother telling him to take the "other parts" out of the fridge.

When I came home, I started chopping the veggies and cooked the "other parts".

Ingredients

the other parts of ox tongue, boiled (you can use any kind of meat)
1 head of broccoli
1 pc. of red bell pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
1 teaspoon oil
2 tablespoons  oyster sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Ho to cook

Heat the pan and put oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, put the onion and let it turn brown. Once the onion turns brown, put the "other parts" or meat and saute for around 3 minutes.

Put the oyster sauce and a little water. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Remember that the "other parts" has been boiled so I don't need a lot of time in simmering. When using raw meat, simmer until meat becomes tender. Add small amounts of water if necessary.

Add the broccoli and the bell pepper. Simmer for 3 more minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Do not overcook the vegetables for better taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.


Easy as 1, 2, 3. 

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

1 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2011 bridges, lenses, and motherhood
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top