Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ox Tongue in Mushroom Sauce

I don't often buy, cook, or eat ox tongue. No, I haven't tried cooking it before this but I was feeling rather adventurous so I decided to get it from the market and cook it in mushroom sauce. Ox tongue is not at all cheap. When I bought it, I was a bit saddened by the cost but I bought it anyway. I couldn't buy the ox tongue alone, it also included other parts like the throat or esophagus. Sorry, I don't know how to describe it better.

My brother was a bit disgusted when I said we're having ox tongue for dinner. I told him he'll eat his words once I'm done cooking.

Anyway, I just cleaned and boiled everything including the "other parts". I kept the "other parts" in the fridge since I didn't know what to do with those yet. 

Ingredients

1 medium ox tongue, sliced
1 medium can sliced mushroom
1 can of cream of mushroom
3 tablespoons butter
2 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

How to cook

Heat the pan and melt the butter. Pan fry the slices of ox tongue over medium fire until both sides turn brown. Set aside the fried ox tongue. 

On the same pan, saute the garlic and onion in butter. Put all of the onion first into the pan. When the onion starts to brown, remove half of it from the pan and set aside, then put the garlic. 

Pour the cream of mushroom and season with salt and pepper. Add a little water then stir. Cook for about 3 minutes. Put the pan fried tongue that we set aside earlier and the mushroom into the pan. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes while adding water as needed. Turn off the heat and serve.



\My brother had a second or maybe third serving. Another kitchen success story.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2011 bridges, lenses, and motherhood
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top