Monday, May 13, 2013

Doing my Dream Job

My dream job; to become a bridge engineer. Bridge engineering is not as popular as the other branches of civil engineering but I really wanted to be a bridge engineer. I grew up in an island called Romblon. Whenever we visit my mom's place or go to Manila, we rode a ship. I hated it. I was scared. I thought, if there was a bridge we could travel by land.

After finishing college and getting my engineer's license,  I thought of applying to any construction firm. Again, bridge engineering is not popular and it is almost impossible to land a job in a company that constructs bridges. Then came the chance. A Japanese company having an office here in the Philippines was looking for civil engineers. The position? BRIDGE DESIGN ENGINEER. I had to calm myself down. Bridge design + Japan = JACKPOT!

I took the initial exam; Math and psychological test. Then I took the final exam and had the interview. BINGO! I GOT HIRED! March 16, 2012, I signed the contract.

photo taken during our visit in an ongoing bridge construction in Hon Atsugi

photo taken inside the steel plant in Tsu, Mie

Credit goes to my group mates who took these photos with their smartphone.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

3 comments

  1. (h) how amazing to earn while doing what you love to do. again congratulations on the jackpot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. i feel so blessed. i think all of us wants to do what they enjoy the most. i believe you also what you're doing. cheer

      Delete
  2. :) gusto ko din ng emoticons sa comments section ko :)

    ReplyDelete

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2011 bridges, lenses, and motherhood
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top