Sunday, May 12, 2013

Romblon: My Island Home

I've always wanted to take my boyfriend to Romblon, the island where I grew up. It is a very small island and is said to be the heart of the Philippines; a must-visit for those who enjoy discovering new places. I always invite him but the nature of his job doesn't allow him to take a long vacation. Last year, finally, he was allowed to take a long vacation and went to Romblon with me.

I was worried though, because he is not used to riding a ship for long hours and thought he would get seasick. I told him  to bring medicines just in case.


When one visits an island, he couldn't avoid swimming, can he? He enjoyed swimming everyday. He even bought a lot of swimwear he could use.



He also enjoyed boating. My father and uncles were laughing when he did this for the first time. He didn't know how to maneuver the boat! Dad said that I can do it better.  


He tried fishing.... 



And searched for sea urchins.... yummy!


Ate young coconut and after a long day we sat along the seashore and watched this beautiful sunset.


He was one happy boy! I'm sure he enjoyed everything. He loved the food in my hometown; fresh fishes and vegetables that are costly in the city. He even  got a very big fish from a friend. It made me really happy that my friends and family received him warmly. Until our next visit... there's more to see.

For those interested to visit Romblon, you can ask me and I'll try my best to help you. It's a cheap but beautiful destination for your domestic travel.


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

2 comments

  1. I wanna go to Romblon someday :) one of the most important people in my life came from Udiongan :)

    ReplyDelete

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2011 bridges, lenses, and motherhood
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top