Saturday, May 11, 2013

Potato Croquettes

I didn't know much about potato croquettes until I visited Japan. I once tasted it when I rendered overtime work; I dropped by the nearest convenience store and gave it a try. It was delicious. I've always loved potatoes but the taste of croquettes was special. My taste buds were happy!

Coming back to the Philippines, I thought of making croquettes at home to have my brothers and boyfriend taste it. I found many recipes online, which were very similar, so I sort of just picked one and adjusted the proportion of ingredients according to my taste.

Ingredients

4 cups of mashed potato
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 tablespoon green onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon finely ground bell pepper
2 tablespoons milk (I used evaporated milk)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
bread crumbs
oil for frying


How to cook

I would suggest using a potato masher for this one but for those who don't have it at home like me,  you can do it by yourself. My boyfriend did all the mashing; he was probably trying to display his arms' strength. Add milk, salt, pepper, minced onion, beaten egg yolks and flour to the mashed potato. Make sure to set aside a portion of the beaten egg for dipping. Mix well and chill for about 30 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and shape into your desired shape. I made round, flattened croquettes.

 Now, here comes the part I hate the most. Dip the potatoes in the beaten egg and cover them with bread crumbs. Doing this repeatedly is really messy. Deep fry the croquettes over medium fire. I served my croquettes with tonkatsu sauce. Perfect match! 




Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

2 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2011 bridges, lenses, and motherhood
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top