Monday, May 5, 2014

Tokyo Rainbow Pride (GW Series)

I was beating deadlines before Golden Week came; working early and going home late. Those extra hours of working was worth it because I was able to take a 12-day rest. I planned a lot of activities for Golden Week which include photography practice (portrait photography), going to a batting center, wall climbing, mountain climbing, and visiting an island. 

I planned to spend many days walking around with my camera and my first stop was Yoyogi Park. I wanted to take photos of people in the park. I wandered around the area taking random photos of children playing, families enjoying a picnic, etc. when I noticed a group of young people heading towards the part of Yoyogi Park adjacent to NHK Hall. They were carrying some flags so I followed them thinking there must be an event ongoing. I was right. When I reached the place, there were a lot of people gathered in the booths, near the stage. The event was Tokyo Rainbow Pride, an annual event organized by the LGBT community. I learned later on that the wife of Prime Minister Abe also participated in the said event.


The number of people was overwhelming and I was happy. Being able to participate in the event was a great coincidence. I talked with some participants and I didn't have to worry about my Japanese because there were a lot of foreigners so I used English most of the time.

I don't know her but her voice was wonderful.
There were people holding campaign placards about issues that the LGBT community faces.


There were fun booths that everyone can visit and enjoy.

found in the USA booth. i tried this.
There were members of the LGBT community who dressed up and walked around the venue allowing people to have their photos taken. I didn't miss the chance. 

pretty in pink

glimmer

lady in red

glamourous




i found her very fascinating

I always hesitate in taking portraits but not this time; it was easy to ask people if I could take their photo. 

friends

beautiful smile

thank you
I couldn't believe I had this chance; I enjoyed taking a lot of photos and I enjoyed the event itself. Respect. Love. Embrace Diversity.










Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2011 bridges, lenses, and motherhood
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top